The Lothrop Merry House is an antique cape dating from about 1810. It was moved to its present location overlooking Vineyard Haven Harbor in 1824, drawn into place by a team of 40 oxen. The house is set into a hill, with the front door facing the harbor and the front lawn running down to the beach. There are a total of five bedrooms, 6 non-working decorative fireplaces and three baths in this vineyard home as well as an open outdoor shower. Located directly across from Owen Park, which includes a small town beach and lifeguard during the summer season and town dock. A short walk along the beach to the Vineyard Haven ferry or along Main Street's town center with restaurants, movie theater and shopping.