Our hope, of course, is that you’ll come to the island and totally unplug. Things really do move slower around here, but we realize that it’s hard to disconnect completely sometimes. Luckily, many of our local cafes and such feature free WiFi. Here’s a list of some tops spots that are ‘connected’:
- Beetlebung Coffee House, Vineyard Haven, is close to the ferry and has both indoor and outdoor seating.
- Black Dog Cafe, Vineyard Haven, one of my favorite WiFi spots with big couches and overstuffed chairs as well as great coffee, baked goods and sandwiches.
- Mocha Mott’s, Vineyard Haven, classic coffee house right on Main Street, note: loud music.
- Espresso Love, Edgartown, with muffins so good even President Clinton couldn’t get enough of them, Espresso Love has indoor and outdoor seating, full bakery, lunch and dinner.
- Harbor View Hotel, Edgartown, one of the most beautiful hotels on the island, WiFi is available in the lobby, dining and hotel rooms.
- Offshore Ale Co., Oak Bluffs, good food and great entertainment right off of OB’s main strip.
- Steamship Authority Terminal, Vineyard Haven & Oak Bluffs, not only can you enjoy WiFi on the ferry, you can also use it in the terminal and in the standby line from your car!
Many of our rental houses have either wireless internet or cable hook-ups, just let me know if you have to have internet access…or if you’d rather not even be tempted!
Image courtesy of Jem