So, to recap, last week, when I was looking for a rental property off-island for myself, I couldn’t find one. I could only find a site that listed millions of properties – but didn’t offer an actual person up for customer service, for an inside look.
That just doesn’t work for me. It’s so important to be able to rent from a 3rd party, and I’ll tell you why. An agent:
- …will have seen, personally, all of the houses that they list. They’ll be able to give you real details about size, feel, look, etc.
- …has the ability to get a group of houses in the same area, say if you only want Lambert’s Cove – they can gather them all up.
- …can be objective as a 3rd party and not the owner.
- …customizes your search for you. Will know all of the houses that meet your exact needs.
- …shares with you the benefits of geography of each of your rental choices (for example: This house has the perfect backyard, but it’s close to a main road).
- …realistically tells you if some of your needs just aren’t possible and then can help you come up with a real solution.
- …offers more choices.
- …mediates if there is a disagreement or issue between the renter and the owner of the property in terms of security deposit, cleanliness, damage, etc…
I love the internet…but my process of trying to find a vacation rental, from the renters side, left me craving a real person that could really help me! Off to search some more…